KONE is closely monitoring the ongoing situation for our customers, suppliers and staff around the world. In Australia and New Zealand, we have teams at all levels of the organisation managing the safety of our people and our operations that serve you, our customers.
Continuing to serve you
We would like to assure our customers that our maintenance teams will continue to operate to keep your building running.
At KONE, our mission is to improve the flow of urban life. Following the outbreak of COVID-19, we have implemented internal processes and business continuity plans to protect our people, prevent the spread of the virus while minimising the disruption for our customers and this includes:
- informing and preparing our technicians for enhanced procedures and the use of specialised personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain buildings
- working closely with our KONE logistics teams globally to minimise this impact and are contacting all affected customers to discuss their on-going projects
- encouraging our office-based staff to work remotely while coordinating with our large team of field operatives to ensure that we’re able to provide continued service
Keeping our people safe
Safety is top of the agenda at KONE. We are committed to providing a safe working environment to our people to allow them to keep our cities running safely and effectively.
As part of our business continuity plans we have activated measures to protect the health, well being and safety of our people, our customers and the broader community while managing broader business implications, including:
- self-isolation guidelines for those who have returned from a high risk area, have had close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or as advised by a medical professional
- business travel restrictions across KONE Australia and New Zealand
- remote working arrangements for applicable staff and operatives
- taking advice and guidance from relevant state and federal governments and health authorities
Practice good hygiene
Simple good hygiene practice will go a long way to prevent the spread of this virus:
- wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the toilet
- cover your cough and sneeze, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- avoid close contact with visibly ill individuals with symptoms of infectious airway disease (cough etc.)